If you’re like many people, you’ve heard all about home staging – especially if you’re thinking about selling your luxury home in Scottsdale. Staging is incredibly beneficial, and it can result name you selling your home faster and for more money. This guide explains:
- What does a professional home stager do
- How to find a home stager
- Why you should hire a home stager
- What to expect from your home stager
- How to work with your home stager
- Tips for getting the most out of your home staging experience
What Does a Professional Home Stager Do?
A professional home stager is someone who comes into your home and helps you make it look its best for potential buyers. They help you arrange furniture, choose the right color scheme and declutter, and they suggest ways to maximize space or use natural light to create an inviting atmosphere.
Home stagers are experts at making a house look its best – whether that means rearranging furniture and decluttering, adding new pieces, painting walls or simply making small but effective changes. They can also suggest improvements to make the home more attractive to buyers.
How to Find a Home Stager
The best way to find a home stager is to ask your real estate agent. Many agents have relationships with local home stagers and can connect you. You can also look online or ask friends for referrals.
Why You Should Hire a Home Stager
Staged homes sell faster and for more money than non-staged homes do, so it’s well worth the investment to hire a professional home stager. Stagers can help you maximize the potential of your home, show it in its best light and ensure it stands out from other properties on the market.
What to Expect From Your Home Stager
Your stager will assess your home first. They’ll look at the layout, furniture and decor, and they’ll talk to you about what kind of changes they can make to improve the overall look. Then, they’ll suggest a plan that includes rearranging furniture and accessories, changing colors, decluttering and adding new pieces.
How to Work With Your Home Stager
When working with your stager, it’s important to be open to their ideas and feedback. Listen to what they have to say about improving the look of your home, even if it means making changes you weren’t expecting. Their expertise will help make your home more attractive to potential buyers.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Home Staging Experience
- Be prepared: Have a plan for how you want your home to look, and be clear about what changes you’re willing to make.
- Listen to the stager: Your stager is an expert, so listen carefully to their advice and suggestions.
- Be flexible: Staging might require some changes that are outside of your comfort zone – but those may be the changes that make all the difference.
- Don’t skimp on quality: Quality furniture and accessories will help your home stand out from other listings.
- Keep it minimal: Too much clutter can be distracting, so try to keep your staging simple and elegant.
Common DIY Staging Tips
Even if hiring a professional home stager isn’t in the cards for you, you can still make sure your home is as appealing as possible to prospective buyers. Here’s a small handful of tips that can get you started on staging your own home:
- Arrange furniture to create a welcoming atmosphere featuring easy walking paths
- Neutralize walls by painting them light, neutral colors
- Declutter and organize everything, which makes your space look bigger
- Showcase outdoor spaces with attractive furniture and accessories
- Add live plants to liven up the space
- Make sure that the front entryway is inviting
- Use natural light to show off your home’s best features
- Add a few unique touches to make your home memorable
Are You Buying a Golf Course Home for Sale in Scottsdale?
If you’re selling your home and buying another one, call us at 602-694-3200 or fill out the form below to talk to a REALTOR now.
While you’re here, you can also check out:
- Anthem homes for sale
- Desert Highlands homes for sale
- Dove Valley Ranch homes for sale
- FireRock homes for sale
- Kierland homes for sale
- McDowell Mountain Ranch homes for sale
- Red Mountain Ranch homes for sale
- Scottsdale Country Club homes for sale
- Silverleaf homes for sale
- Tonto Verde homes for sale
- Whisper Rock homes for sale
REALTOR® | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Pro
21020 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85255