The award-winning, master planned community of McDowell Mountain Ranch is situated in Scottsdale’s McDowell Mountain Range. Minutes away from grocery, dining, retail, pharmaceutical, banking and dry cleaning services, McDowell Mountain Ranch residents have easy access to convenient, high end shopping. McDowell Mountain Ranch is also 2 minutes away from other popular Scottsdale attractions including Scottsdale’s Westworld equestrian center and the City of Scottsdale Aquatic Center. Residents have access to a 5-acre community park (with a playground and picnic area), a community center outfitted with basketball, tennis and beach volleyball courts, two pools and a spa. The neighborhood also has 40 miles of hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding trails that connect to other North Scottsdale neighborhoods, the Scottsdale Public Library and the citizen Service Center. Trails range in length from 0.5-15.3 miles long.
In 1994, the McDowell Mountain Ranch community gave 900 acres of land to McDowell Sonoran Preserve, a donation valued at around $7 million.
The McDowell Mountain ranch community started development in 1998. Nearly 4,000 homes are scattered across the community’s 26 distinct neighborhoods. McDowell Mountain Ranch has everything from rental apartments to luxury townhomes and condos, patio homes, detached homes and hillside custom homes on multi-acre lots. A few of the neighborhoods are gated or guard-gated.
McDowell Mountain Golf Club
The McDowell Mountain Golf Course was originally designed by golf course architects Randy Heckenkemper and Phil Mickelson. The public course underwent a massive renovation in October 2011 which, in addition to the overall widening of many of the playing corridors, resulted in the creation of new tee areas and waste bunkers. Depending on a player’s desired difficulty level, the course ranges from 4,880-7,072 yards. Course slopes range from 109-138. Golfers can also take lessons to improve their game at the McDowell Mountain Learning Center. Phil Mickelson describes McDowell Mountain’s challenging, walk-able course “family friendly and fun to play”. The McDowell Mountain Golf Club is home to the Mesquite Grill which offers hungry golfers Mediterranean and Chicago-Italian cuisine. Golfers often eat on the clubhouse’s patio which overlooks the golf course and Camelback Mountain.
School-aged children living in McDowell Mountain Ranch generally attend these schools in the Scottsdale Unified School District: Desert Canyon Elementary School, Desert Canyon Middle School and Desert Mountain High School. Notre Dame Preparatory High School is also located 5 minutes away from the McDowell Mountain Ranch community. Each school is centrally located in the McDowell Mountain Ranch community and can be accessed via community walking paths.
McDowell Mountain Ranch is:
- 2 minutes away from the Westworld equestrian center
- 5 minutes away from the Gateway Trailhead (of the McDowell Sonoran Preserve)
- 5 minutes away from the Loop 101 Freeway
- 5 minutes away from the Ice Den (skating and hockey rink)
- 7 minutes away from the Scottsdale Airport
- 25 minutes away from the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- 6 miles away from both the Scottsdale Healthcare Thompson Peak Hospital and the Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Medical Center
If you would like to live in the conveniently located, master-planned community of McDowell Mountain Ranch, contact a member of The Matheson Team today for more real estate and community information.
McDowell Mountain Ranch Golf Club, at the south end of McDowell Mountain Ranch community, has become one of the premier daily fee golf courses in the Valley. This course shines even brighter after undergoing a massive golf course renovation in 2011, which included making fairways wider, created additional waste bunkers and added teeing areas. Course architectural changes were overseen by the original golf course architect, Randy Heckenkemper, and Phil Mickelson.
The course has challenge for every level of golfer on your choice of 4 tees, with slopes ranging from 109 to 137 and yardage ranging from 4,880 to 7,072. The course is walker-friendly.
In 2013, a new clubhouse was built which includes dining areas, banquet rooms, locker rooms and a fully-appointed Proshop and PGA professionals giving private and group lessons. There are facilities guests can rent for special events.
Limited member-like packages are available.
Daily Fee Club with Limited Member-like Programs
Head Golf Pro: Kevin Neel
Rates as of July, 2014
“Member-Like” Program $4,200 year(Individual)/$7,400 (Couple)
- Unlimited Green Fees for one year from the date of purchase. Excludes Cart Fee $20.00 per player (includes $4 basin fund)
- Up to 3 accompanied guests at the McDowell Mountain Player Club Rates
- 7 Days Advanced Tee Times
- Complimentary use of the practice facility.
- AGA Membership/Handicap
- 10% discount in the Grille
- 20% off all non-discounted soft goods & 10% off all non- discounted hard goods in the McDowell Mountain Golf Shop
- OB Sports Traveling Benefits – www.obsports.com/travel
Recreational amenities in McDowell Mountain Ranch include:
- McDowell Mountain Golf Club
- Mesquite Grill
- Grocery, dining, retail, pharmaceutical, banking and dry cleaning services
- Easy access to Westworld and the Aquatic Center
- McDowell Mountain Ranch community center
- 5-acre community park
- 40 miles of hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding trails