The Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center in Scottsdale is one of the area’s most notable points of interest. As a wildlife rescue and sanctuary for animals that can’t survive on their own, this conservancy houses animals that were once abandoned, orphaned or injured, or who have lost their natural habitats.
(Discover other Scottsdale points of interest here.)
About the Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center
While some animals prefer privacy and don’t come out often for visitors, when you visit the Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center, you might see:
- Black bear
- Mexican gray wolf
- Mountain lion
Each animal at the sanctuary has its own story, and volunteers are happy to share them. (You can also find animals’ stories on the sanctuary’s website.)
The Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center plays a large role in the recovery of the endangered Mexican gray wolf, as well, by serving as a holding facility to care for part of the world’s captive population.
How to Visit the Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center
The facility is open to the public, but you have to register for your tour ahead of time. You can check out the facility’s events calendar to find out which tours are open. General public tours are limited to 20 people each and typically last 2 hours.
- $25 per adult
- $15 for kids aged 3 to 12
- Free for kids 2 and under
The Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center has plenty of volunteer opportunities who don’t mind working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. You can learn more here.
Other Wildlife Sanctuaries in the Area
Although the Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center is one of the largest in the area, there are other sanctuaries here as well. If you’re interested in visiting, volunteering or donating, check out:
- Aimee’s Farm Animal Sanctuary in Gilbert
- Healing Hearts Animal Rescue and Refuge in Cave Creek
- New Dawn Livestock Rescue and Sanctuary in Tonopah
- Tierra Madre Horse Sanctuary in Cave Creek
- Tranquility Trail Animal Sanctuary in Scottsdale
- Fallen Feathers in Peoria
Are You Buying a Golf Course Home for Sale in Scottsdale?
If you’re searching for a golf course home for sale in Scottsdale, we can help you find one that’s just right for your needs. Call us at 480-405-4228 today to talk about what you want from your next home – we’ll start looking right away.
In the meantime, please explore these real estate listings:
- Gainey Ranch homes for sale
- Grayhawk homes for sale
- Las Sendas homes for sale
- McDowell Mountain Ranch homes for sale
- Pinnacle Peak Country Club homes for sale
- Red Mountain Ranch homes for sale
- Rio Verde homes for sale
- Tatum Ranch homes for sale
- The Boulders homes for sale