If you’re selling your golf course home in Scottsdale, it may be worth making a few luxury improvements – you could end up selling your house faster and at a higher price.
Buyers love upgrades like:
- Spa bathroom transformations
- Home automation
- Outdoor kitchens
Here’s what you need to know.
3 Luxury Upgrades That Buyers Can’t Resist
You could turn your beautiful home into a completely irresistible place that buyers will adore by making a few upgrades here and there. Naturally, you should talk to your real estate agent before you make any major decisions – what works in one neighborhood might not work so well in another – but have a look at what’s trending now.
Turning your bathroom into a luxury spa could be the perfect way to excite buyers. Think about adding features like:
- A freestanding soaking tub
- A spacious, walk-in shower
- Double sinks topped with an extra-large, framed mirror
Related: 7 questions to ask yourself before you remodel your bathroom
Even if remodeling isn’t in the cards for you, you may be able to stage your bathroom in a way that gets buyers excited about its potential. Use these tips:
- Clean, clean and clean some more. Hire a pro to start, and then you’ll just have to maintain while your house is on the market.
- Clear off the counter tops. Put away and organize all your counter-top toiletries, and limit what’s still on the counter to a simple live plant and fewer than three items.
- Roll fluffy, white towels and put them on tub edges or in a basket to create a spa-like atmosphere.
- Put up art. Choose a neutral painting or two to complement your space.
Related: 7 ways to make your bathroom sparkle when you’re selling your home
Home automation is incredibly popular. When you’re selling a connected home, buyers dive right into the ease-of-use of all of it. You may want to invest in things like automated lights, thermostats and security systems, all of which you can access through a phone or tablet. Smart tech sells – especially when it’s convenient for buyers.
Related: 8 hot smart home gadgets
Even if you’re unlikely to use one yourself, an outdoor kitchen is the perfect add-on for people who enjoy entertaining. While you don’t have to install plumbing and set up a full-scale oven on your patio, you can create an elegantly furnished space outfitted with a grill and cooking station (a rolling kitchen island is a great choice). Opt for all-weather patio furniture, which you’ll take with you when you move, and you have an instant outdoor kitchen that will kick-start buyers’ imaginations.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Scottsdale?
We can help you find your dream home – or sell your house to move on to the next chapter – in any golf community in Scottsdale. While you’re here, you can check out all Scottsdale golf course homes for sale or take a look at these communities:
- Anthem homes for sale
- DC Ranch homes for sale
- Desert Highlands homes for sale
- Desert Mountain homes for sale
- Desert Ridge homes for sale
You can also check out listings in all Scottsdale’s golf communities here.
REALTOR® | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]