The master-planned community of DC Ranch spans 4,000 acres of land at the base of the McDowell Mountains. The area’s appeal lies in its unbeatable location and authentic, rustic aesthetic – DC Ranch residents appreciate how their condominiums, townhomes, patio homes, custom and semi-custom homes were designed to blend seamlessly with the Sonoran Desert.
All but one DC Ranch neighborhood enclave is gated or guard-gated, and more than 33 miles of biking and walking paths connect each and every neighborhood within the community. DC Ranch also provides residents with 47 neighborhood parks and two community centers: the 8,000 square foot Desert Camp Community Center and the 7,000 square foot Homestead Community Center.
Between the two complexes, the neighborhood is fully equipped with community pools, playgrounds, splash-pads, sport courts, tennis courts, fitness facilities and a community-run theater playhouse. On top of these community centers, DC Ranch is also home to a Village Health Club and Spa.
Three distinctive shopping complexes cater to residents of DC Ranch: Market Street, Canyon Village and DC Ranch Crossing. Here, residents are able to quickly and conveniently visit upscale eating establishments, specialty boutiques, coffee shops, fitness centers, day care centers, grocery stores and business offices.
Because DC Ranch is located just 5 minutes away from the Loop 101 Freeway, the community is a convenient springboard location to travel throughout the city.
DC Ranch gets its name from the “Desert Camp” cattle brand, as the neighborhood property was formerly a cattle ranch run by a man named Doc Crosby (this is where the initials “DC” are derived from). The land was later expanded and run by another early Arizona businessman, E.O. Brown, who also ran the area’s very first general store.
In the 1980s, DMB Associates Inc. acquired the land to create a neighborhood that would showcase the historic desert property, an initiative which involved the McDowell Sonoran Conservancy, the City of Scottsdale and Vernon D. Swaback, an apprentice of Frank Lloyd Wright who designed the community.
The area’s first homes were completed in 1998, and new developments continue to be constructed today.
The Country Club at DC Ranch
The community of DC Ranch is also home to The Country Club at DC Ranch, an award-winning private golf club whose course features an 18-hole, par-71 tract designed by professional golfers Tom Lehman and John Fought.
The Country Club at DC Ranch also features a clubhouse with dining and social events, swimming pool, fitness facility and six tennis courts.
DC Ranch is very lucky to have the Copper Ridge Elementary and Middle School (K-8) within its borders. High school students living in DC Ranch tend to attend Chaparral High School, but many also attend Notre Dame Academy, Brophy College Preparatory and Xavier College Preparatory, three private schools nearby.
DC Ranch is:
- Close to a Scottsdale police and fire station conveniently located in DC Ranch’s Market Street shopping district
- 3 miles away from the Scottsdale Healthcare Thompson Peak Hospital
- 10 minutes away from the Scottsdale Airport
- 12 minutes away from upscale shopping complexes Scottsdale Quarter and Kierland Commons
- 25 minutes away from the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
DC Ranch is a beautifully laid-out and maintained master-planned community that has stunning views of the McDowell Mountains. If you would like to become a part of this friendly, unique and convenience-oriented community, contact a DC Ranch real estate expert on The Matheson Team today.
The Country Club at DC Ranch is the home of an award-winning private golf and country club. The golf course is an 18-hole, par-71 tract designed by Tom Lehman and John Fought. Golfers enjoy stunning views of the desert landscape, the McDowell Mountains and the city on every hole. With slopes ranging from 123 to 137, the course was designed for all levels of play. Players can ride or walk this beautiful course.
In 2014, the club hosted both the Men’s and Women’s U.S. Open qualifier events. It is a candidate to host these and other USGA events in the future.
The hacienda-style clubhouse is ‘cowboy casual’ and has a men’s locker room with a grill, steam room and sauna; a women’s locker room with a steam room, fine dining, a mixed grill and bar. The club also has swimming, fitness and a very active tennis program on its 6 courts.
Expansion and renovation are underway at The Country Club at DC Ranch. The course green side bunkers have just been completed, the clubhouse is going through an expansion and improvements to the Tennis areas are also taking place. The club remains open with regular hours of operation.
Membership is by sponsorship, application and acceptance.
Private Golf and Country Club
Membership Director: Melanie Halpert
Rate Information as of July, 2017
Equity Golf Membership
- Equity Golf Membership Initiation Fees: Market Base Pricing- Members set the value of their membership to be sold. (Please inquire with the Membership Director regarding the current price)
- Monthly dues $1,146/Capital Fund $119 (Senior $80)
- Unlimited golf privileges and use of all social facilities for the member, spouse and unmarried children under age of 24.
Junior Golf Membership
- Non-Equity Junior Membership Fees: $30,000/ Monthly dues $784 (Capital Fund $81)
- Unlimited golf privileges and use of social facilities for the member, spouse, and unmarried children under age of 24
- Payment schedule $15,000/$5,000/$5,000/$5,000 over four years.
- Available to prequalified individuals or families ages 21-39, oldest of applicants must be primary member
- At age 40, the Junior Member must upgrade to a full golf membership and pay the difference between the $25,000 and the then lowest price available Golf Membership (upon availability, as determined by the Market-Based Pricing Policy) or, if preferred, the Junior may convert to a Sports Social or Clubhouse Membership
- Please see Jr. Membership Addendum for further details
The Sport Social Membership
- Initiation Fee $30,000/Monthly Dues Family $662/Single $504/Capital Fund $72
- Receive unlimited tee times and guest privileges from June through December; from January through May, members receive a maximum of six rounds per a family member. Sports Social Members pay a reduced greens fee per round. Practice facilities can be used year round.
- Tee times can be made 4 days and advance and are restricted on weekend mornings and holidays during peak season.
- Includes unlimited use of all social facilities, activities in the Clubhouse, swimming pool, fitness room and tennis.
- Non-equity membership.
The Clubhouse Membership
- Initiation Fee $10,000/Monthly Dues Family $462/Single $354/Capital Fund $51
- Includes unlimited use of all social facilities, activities in the Clubhouse, swimming pool, fitness room and tennis, excluding golf.
- Non-equity membership.
- All Membership privileges extend to the member, spouse, and unmarried children under the age of 24.
Fees and Charges
- Food minimum $1000 annually
- Cart fee $15 pp + tax (18 Holes) $7.50 pp+ tax (9 holes)
- Golf Guest Fees $175 inclusive October-May/$45 inclusive June-September
- Family golf guest fee $100 inclusive October-May/$45 inclusive June-September
- Sports/Social golf fee $100 inclusive October-May/$35 inclusive June-September
- Locker fee $150 per person, per year
- Club Storage fee $160 per person, per year
- Tennis Guest Fee $10 September-May
The above is a brief summary of Membership offerings at The Country Club at DC Ranch. Please review the Membership Bylaws for complete details.
Property ownership in DC Ranch is not a requirement for membership.
The Country Club at DC Ranch has the right to amend the above information at anytime.
Recreational amenities in DC Ranch include:
- The Country Club at DC Ranch (clubhouse and golf course)Gated or guard-gated neighborhoods
- 33 miles of biking and walking paths
- 47 neighborhood parks
- 2 community centers
- Market Street, Canyon Village and DC Ranch Crossing shopping centers