Arizona golf communities like Troon North, Troon Village and DC Ranch are the perfect place to call home for those who want to get out and enjoy the sunny Arizona weather. Whether on the golf course or on the trails, there is always something to do with the Sonoran desert as the backdrop.
While it’s true that some people head out of town when the temperature rises, and the high heat of the afternoon can thwart some outdoor activities, there are also a lot of special summer-only activities to enjoy in Scottsdale.
Not to mention, some Arizona golf course communities are a few thousand feet above sea level, which often makes them five-ten degrees cooler than the rest of the Valley.
DC Ranch is the perfect example of a community that makes the most of summer. They host events year-round, but their summer calendar is full of seasonal activities for adults and kids:
- Four Saturdays a month, July 11 – August 1 in 2015, the Desert Camp Community Center hosts Summer Sizzle. Think of it as a resort-style pool party for the entire family! The Community Council brings in complimentary hot dogs, frozen smoothies and even a DJ. Activities and fun abound from 1-3pm.
- Summer Theatre Camps run in June and July at The Homestead Community Center. Children six and over get to participate in auditions, workshops and performances. The camps are open to everyone, but DC Ranch residents receive a 50% discount on registration.
- Workshops for youth and adults are week-long programs throughout the summer with varying themes and skill enhancement classes, from leadership to social communication. Participation is also open to anyone, with DC Ranch residents receiving a 50% discount.
Troon also celebrates the summer spirit with their own batch of seasonsal events:
- Golfers rejoice! Troon North Golf Club offers Summer Sizzlers from May 25th through September 10th – packages that include discounted rounds of golf, pro shop gear like a watch and polo shirt, and “2 for 1” in the Dynamite Grille.
- Troon Country Club hosts a variety of summer events from June through August, like the Summer Wine Series, holiday Fun Days and Patio Nights.
Creativity and a sense of community make it easy to enjoy the summer in Arizona golf communities. Sit back, take a dip in the water and relax – community centers and organizations make it fun to live here all year long.
Community activities are just a few of the many benefits to AZ golf homes. To find your perfect property, contact the golf community experts at the Matheson Team.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]