If you are in a ‘love it or list it’ phase with your home and are considering some minor renovations, start with simple home improvements that can have a big impact on how your home looks and feels to you, as well as potential buyers.
Feel free to call on The Matheson Team, your Arizona golf homes experts. We’re happy to give you some ideas on what today’s buyers are looking for.
There are a myriad of lower cost home improvements that give you a big “bang for your buck”:
- Add a coat of paint – inside or out – to make things look fresh and new. Think about changing paint colors for an even bigger impact. Look for the latest color trends at your local paint store.
- Replace old carpeting – nothing makes a home look more tired than traffic worn carpet.
- Change shiny brass doorway hardware, cabinet pulls and faucets to the more updated look of oil-rubbed bronze, nickel or even chrome – it’s a relatively low cost change.
- Replace your light fixtures. Check online sources and local consignment stores for great replacement ideas at great prices.
- Add or revamp storage areas to maximize available space.
- Redo your front yard and backyard landscaping Hire a landscape architect to draw designs for you. If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, you can make the changes and save dollars, or you can hire a landscaper to execute the work for you.
- Replace doors and windows. Check with local home improvement stores and on-line sources for the latest trends.
Here are some pricier updates you can do, but you may want to talk to us about the relative cost versus what it’s going to add to the value of your home:
- Tweak your kitchen. For most households, especially in homes where families entertain frequently, the kitchen becomes a central gathering space. Having the latest appliances, countertops and fixtures is a great way to spruce things up. Refinishing your cabinets can give a big boost to the look of your kitchen.
- Give your bathroom a face lift. Bathrooms are king from a buyer’s perspective. Another consideration may be adding a bathroom.
- Add a pool. Pools are something that people either must-have, settle with, or don’t want. If you’re on a “love it or list it” updating journey, we recommend holding off on adding a pool until you’ve decided “you love it and are going to stay.”
Reach out to us if we can help you in the Scottsdale area.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
[gravityform id=”1″ name=”Contact Form” title=”false” description=”false”]