The guard-gated community of Ancala stretches across 850-acres of the Sonoran Desert and has incredible views of Camelback and the McDowell Mountains. It has its own community park which, in addition to grassy play areas, has a basketball court, swing set, picnic table area, water fountain and barbecue grill. Ancala is also close to other recreational areas in Scottsdale which offer upscale shopping venues and restaurants.
Ancala has 542 custom home sites and 42 casita homes. The artful neighborhood features some of the nicest homes ever constructed by Arizona’s finest custom home builders in various architectural styles. Homes range from 3,000 to 6,000 square feet.
The Ancala Country Club
The private golf course at the Ancala Country Club opened in 1991 and is 7,000 yards from the back tees. The course has five sets of tees to choose from and a slope of 152, making the course challenging, yet playable for golfers of all skill sets.
Designed by Perry Dye, the course is a member of the ACSP (The Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for Golf Courses), a program which, according to the Ancala website, is “designed to help landowners preserve and enhance the environmental quality of their property”.
The Country Club at Ancala has a casual and formal restaurant, a fitness center (with personal trainers), a heated swimming pool and a tennis court (with tennis professionals and a pro-shop). The clubhouse can also be rented out for member and non-member events, like weddings and conferences.
School-aged children within the Ancala community generally attend the following schools in the Scottsdale Unified School District: Anasazi Elementary, Mountainside Middle School and Desert Mountain High School.
- 5 miles away from the Loop 101 Freeway
- Minutes away from the Mayo Clinic and Scottsdale Healthcare Shea hospital
- 10 minutes away from Scottsdale Airport
- 23 minutes away from Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport
If life in Ancala sounds like it would appeal to you, contact one of our Scottsdale Real Estate Experts for further community and real estate information.
The Ancala Golf & Country Club opened in 1991. Designed by Pete Dye, Ancala is a target-style golf course. At nearly 7,000-yards and a slope of 152 from the back tees, it is truly one of the most challenging courses available in the state. Yet, because the course has 5 sets of tees it offers a variety of playing options for golfers of all skill sets.
Highlights of the course include desert and mountain views, well-kept fairways and undulating greens.
Membership to this private country club is a separate entity from residency in Ancala. Membership is by application and acceptance.
Golf and Social members of the club also enjoy tennis (with a pro-shop and teaching staff), a fitness center with personal trainers and a heated swimming pool. For kids, there are a variety of golf, tennis and social events. Casual and elegant dining opportunities are open to members.
The clubhouse can also be rented for member and/or non-member events from weddings to corporate meetings.
Private Golf & Country Club
Membership Director: Colette Bunch (480) 391-1096 | email@example.com
Rates as of July, 2017
Full Golf Transferable
- Unlimited golf access & club facility usage
- 50% refund upon sale of membership
- 10 Complimentary Golf Guest Passes
Initiation Deposit: $7,000
Monthly Dues: $709
Annual Food & Beverage Minimum: $1,000
Young Professional (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Qualifying age of 24 to 39 years for member and spouse.
- Membership privileges provided up to five years.
- Full golf access & club facility usage.
Initiation Fee: $7,000
Monthly Dues: $415
Social (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Unlimited social & fitness access to clubhouse and events
Initiation Fee: $500
Monthly Dues: $75
Annual Food & Beverage Minimum: $500
- Full access to club’s facilities including tennis, fitness, swimming, and dining.
- Unlimited golf privileges May through September with payment of cart fees.
- Members may play golf two times October through May
Initiation Fee: $2,500
Monthly Dues: $450
- Unlimited access to the fitness center.
Initiation Fee: $500
Monthly Dues: $315
Ancala community amenities include:
- Ancala Country Club
- Ancala Golf course
- Ancala Park, with basketball courts, a grassy play area, shaded picnic ramadas and BBQ grills.
- Shopping and dining opportunities less than a mile away