Scottsdale has many outstanding luxury resorts, but 5 resorts that offer the best golf experience are: The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, The Boulders, Westin Kierland, The Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North and The Phoenician.
If you’re interested in purchasing a home in a Scottsdale golf community instead of just temporarily staying at one of these beautiful golf resorts, contact the Matheson Team for more information by filling out our contact form.
1. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, located just south of Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd on Scottsdale Rd is a great choice for golfers with its access to the 2 championship courses at the Tournament Player’s Club (TPC). You can play the same course that the pros play during the Waste Management Open.
After your round, you can cool off in one of the resort’s 5 pools, or grab a bite to eat at any of it’s 5 award-winning restaurants.
2. The Boulders, which is ranked as a Gold Medal Premier Resort, has two award winning, Jay Morrish designed 18-hole courses. Situated amongst the natural, desert landscape of North Scottsdale, the golf courses are lined with stunning rock features and views that are incomparable.
The resort, located on Tom Darlington Drive and Boulder Pass, offers a seclusive feel but has plenty of amenities on site to keep you busy while staying at this beautiful desert oasis.
3. The Westin Kierland Golf Club architect, Scott Miller, designed three unique 9-hole courses: Mesquite, Acacia, Ironwood. All three are challenging, yet enjoyable, thanks to the natural desert vegetation and mountain views in the surrounding areas.
Not only is the golf outstanding, the retail and dining surrounding the Westin such as Kierland Commons, the Scottsdale Quarter and East Thunderbird Square provide an exciting night life with a wide variety of restaurants and bars.
4. Although The Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North does not have its own golf course, guests are given special access to the Troon North championship golf courses, located just 5 minutes away. The Jay Morrish/Tom Weiskopf-designed Monument course and the Tom Weiskopf -designed Pinnacle course invoke reverence for the stunning surrounding landscape while challenging each players’ level of expertise.
Along with award winning golf, you can expect all the other amenities you would hope for from a 5-star resort. Spa facilities offer a unique Golfers Massage, which is perfect after a day out on the course. Or sample one of their 3 delicious restaurants: Saguaro Blossom, Proof or Talavera.
5. The Phoenician’s three, diverse, nine-hole courses, designed by Ted Robinson, Sr. and Homer Flint, are surrounded by lush desert landscapes. Located at the base of Camelback Mountain, the challenging elevation changes featured on Desert Nine put the downtown skyline in plain sight.
After a long day on the course, enjoy the elegance of J&G Steakhouse or throughout your stay take advantage of the sprawling pool area featuring 9 beautiful pools and a 165 ft. waterside.
All 5 resorts are perfect for golf enthusiasts. Be sure to check them out on your next visit to Scottsdale.
CONTACT US for more information on buying or selling a home in Scottsdale.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255