When you’re thinking about selling your home, no doubt your top priority is to get the highest price possible for the property with little to no additional investment. According to both the National Association of Realtors and the National Association of Home Builders, the top 3 improvements you can make when selling your home are:
1. ensuring major systems are in good repair
2. boosting curb appeal
3. cleaning and de-cluttering your home
Let’s explore these 3 improvements in detail.
1. Ensure major systems are in good repair. As they say, systems first, cosmetics second. Buyers are more reluctant to make a good offer stick if they get to the inspection and any of these major home systems are not working properly:
- Heating and cooling
- Central Vac
- Built in appliances
2. Boost curb appeal. Believe it or not, buyers sometimes refuse to get out of the car if a home lacks curb appeal. External home improvements are less expensive than internal home improvements and small changes can quickly improve curb appeal. Things you should consider:
- Clean the yard.
- Spruce up the front entry landscaping. Hire a landscape architect for advice on what to add, delete or trim up. A minimal investment yields great return.
- Replace the garage door, front door or windows, and window screens if they look worn.
- Ensure irrigation systems are in working order and drip lines are not devoid of plant life.
- Add a coat of paint to your home if necessary
3. Clean and de-clutter your home. This important tip costs very little, especially if you’re a good organizer. Take a fresh look at your home and clean up things that don’t need to be out.
See our article on de-cluttering tips for sellers for more information. If an extra deep cleaning is needed, call a one-day maid service.
Hiring a professional organizer can be a good idea if you’re not a good organizer yourself.
When preparing your home to sell, start with these three tips and be sure to call your Arizona golf real estate experts for more great ideas on what you can do to maximize your home’s value.
Reach out to us for more information.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
[gravityform id=”1″ name=”Contact Form” title=”false” description=”false”]