In review of the recent remarks last month by Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Julián Castro, at the National Press Club, the message is clear: the stage is set for 2015 and it’s one with predicted favorable outcomes.
Some of the key elements of his speech included:
- 2014 had the strongest year for job growth since the tech boom of the 1990’s
- Unemployment dropped below 6 percent making it the fastest decline since 1984
- Growth has been high in employment sectors that pay good wages, i.e., technology and manufacturing
- The housing market is coming back as an engine of economic prosperity
- Americans are feeling confident due to the numbers showing a year-over-year home prices increase for 32 straight months
- Americans are financially more secure because homeowner’s equity is up $4 trillion since 2009
- More construction workers are back on the job because housing starts have doubled
Castro summed it up by sharing that gains are across the board, and HUD is ready to move forward with this marked momentum making 2015 a year of housing opportunity.
If you’re ready to buy or sell a home in the Scottsdale area, contact The Matheson Team to discuss your options.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
[gravityform id=”1″ name=”Contact Form” title=”false” description=”false”]