If you’re anything like the people on The Matheson Team you may be looking for unique things to do on weekends, either as a family or just a date with that special person in your life. There’s always a lot to do on weekends in the Scottsdale area and here are a few ideas for this weekend.
Make sure you spend some time outside because the weather is going to be wonderful! Our temperatures are predicted to range between highs of 93 – 100 degrees with humidity under 40% and, no rain in sight!
Friday Night, August 22nd
1. Night Lights Tour at Taliesin West – 2 hour tour on Friday nights through August 29. Tour starts at 6:30 pm and a second at 7:00 p.m. It is intended for people ages 13 and older. Reservations are required.
2. The Australian Bee Gees are playing tonight, Friday, August 22 at 8:00 pm at Talking Stick Resort. Tickets are still available.
3. Improvisational Comedy at Changing Hands Bookstore – A non-profit comedy troop called “Off-the-Cuff” takes suggestions from the audience and creates laughter that rocks the store down. The event is free and tonight only starting at 7:00 pm.
4. Tom Cotter the second place finisher in the 2012 season of America’s Got Talent is performing this weekend. Tickets are still available for tonight only at Stand up Live. The show starts at 7:30 pm.
5. Tony Bennett the 87-year-old crooner who was discovered by big band leader Mitch Miller in the 40’s is performing at the Mesa Arts Center on Saturday, August 23 at 8:00 pm. Don’t let his age fool you, Tony is one of the finest singers and entertainers in the business today.
6. “The Organized Mind” plus a wine tasting! Author and neuroscientist Daniel J. Levitin will be at Changing Hands Bookstore at 7:00 pm on Saturday, August 23 along with Lorenzo Mattoni a vineyard owner in Umbra, Italy. Sounds like the book will accelerate efforts to de-clutter our home, work and life.
7. Penske Racing Museum – is a great place for racing fans to see the accomplishments, memorabilia and cars of one of the most celebrated teams in racing. Open daily.
8. Dinosaur adventure for kids at San Tan Nature Center. Rangers are sharing the coolest facts about dinosaurs who inhabited the region. This event takes place on Saturday, August 23 at Noon only.
9. Butterfly Wonderland is open daily. It is the largest butterfly exhibit in the United States in an indoor rainforest environment. You and your family will learn about everything butterflies do to support the world’s eco-system.
10. Make a tee time at on of the many daily fee courses in the area. Try the celebrated Troon North or Grayhawk and enjoy at lower summer rates.
11. Contact your Scottsdale Real Estate Experts, The Matheson Team at 602-694-3200 and we’ll talk about your real estate needs. Whether you are buying or selling a home, we are your go-to resource for real estate and community information.
Reach out to us for more information.
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255