The holidays are among us and while most of us are cooking, cleaning, shopping, and wrapping, there are some brave souls who are adding selling their Arizona golf home to their holiday plans. So, are the holidays a good time to sell your home?
It may surprise you, but the answer is yes. The holidays present a unique opportunity to showcase the warmth and versatility of your home to a group of buyers ready to move. Let’s look at our top ten reasons to sell your Arizona golf home over the holidays:
10. Technology is in, traditional real estate seasons are out. Tablets, smart phones, and apps are making shopping for Scottsdale golf homes so easy that buyers can do it any time and any place, even while standing in line at the mall buying presents.
9. Less competition. Many home sellers are still following the old school rules of taking their homes off the market during the holidays. This means there are fewer high-quality homes available in Arizona golf communities, so your home will stand out more among those seriously searching for a new home.
8. Change the game plan. If marketing or pricing isn’t working, or you’ve been neglecting something that’s keeping your home on the market, the holiday season is a good time for a reset. Fix things up, change the price, and get a fresh start.
7. Hit the New Year running. Can’t imagine keeping the house clean for showings while you’re trying to host family and friends? Even listing in early January will help you tap the seasonal market. New year, new home for you and the person who buys your home!
6. Deck the halls. The holidays are an opportunity to dress and stage your home like a tasteful winter wonderland, and offer buyers a brief reprieve from formulaic decor while house hunting. Still, don’t go over board with the lights and tinsel–clutter any time of year is a turn-off.
5. Up the curb appeal. Like number 6, don’t be afraid to make your the holiday spirit visible from the street. A nicely lit and trimmed home will make buyers feel welcome. But again, keep the lawn ornaments and light show to a minimum.
4. The gift of giving. If your budget allows, consider giving buyers something extra for buying during the holidays, like closing costs, gift cards to local stores or restaurants, new appliances, or a donation to a local nonprofit in the buyers’ name.
3. Price to sell. Of course you should do this any time of year, but buyers may wait until the weather warms up if they think they can get a better deal. Make it worth the homebuyers’ coveted holiday time and yours.
2. A home for all seasons. In your MLS listing and photos, show off your home and how good it looks in all the seasons. When your home is on the market over the holidays, buyers may want to envision how it will look all dressed up for the season. Show them! Likewise, when the weather is cool, buyers may also want to see and look forward to a sparkling pool on a sunny day.
1. Close fast. Holiday home buyers are likely looking now because they are motivated and may want to move more quickly when they find their perfect Arizona golf home. If you are also looking to move quickly, selling your home over the holidays could be a faster, smoother process.
Considering selling your Scottsdale golf home over the holidays, or have questions about your home’s potential value? The Matheson Team is comprised of Arizona golf course community experts, ready to help you any time of year, even through the holidays. Why not celebrate a home sale this season?
Realtor | Founder
The Matheson Team – RE/MAX Fine Properties
21000 N. Pima Rd., #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85255