The master-planned, 435-acre community of Kierland is located in one of North Scottsdale’s most luxurious areas. Residents are surrounded by the outdoor shopping plazas of Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter, the Westin Kierland Resort and the Kierland Golf Club. Shopping and dining opportunities in this area include, but are not limited to, Restoration Hardware, and Apple Store, an Eddie V’s Prime Seafood (the #1 ranked restaurant in Scottsdale according to TripAdvisor), Anthropologie, Tommy Bahama, Calvin Klein, Ocean Club and Sur La Table.
Kierland’s single family homes were built by UDC between 1995 and 1998, and range in size from 1,600-3,500 square feet. Single family homes are either single level or 2-story homes. There are also 2 townhome communities in Kierland. Kierland Greens was built by Centex Homes between 1998 and 2000. These 1,100-2,200 square foot townhomes offer 210 apartment-style units. Kierland Heritage was built by Cachet Homes between 1997 and 1999. These 1,600-2,400 square foot townhomes offer one and two-story. Both townhome neighborhoods back onto the Kierland Golf Club.
Above the Kierland Commons shopping center are 2 contemporary loft buildings known as The Plaza Lofts at Kierland. Built between 2005 and 2008, the units in these buildings range from 1,100-3900 square feet. In addition to The Plaza Lofts’ on-site concierge, residents enjoy Kierland’s common area amenities which include 2 private reception lobbies, 2 community lounges with catering kitchens, a private fitness studio, 2 lushly landscaped balconies overlooking “Main Street”, a heated lap pool, spa, poolside cabana, firepits, outdoor kitchens, gas BBQ stations and a pet park.
Kierland Golf Club
The public-play golf course at Kierland was designed by Scott Miller, who has helped design a number of other golf courses in the valley including The Country Club at DC Ranch and the Eagle Mountain Golf Club. The Kierland course offers three distinct, 9-hole courses which golfers can mix and match to create their own customized golf experiences. In addition to Kierland’s golf course, The Kierland Golf Club has its own golf fitness facility where golfers can work to improve their game and increase their stamina. The course is also part of the Audubon International Cooperative Sanctuary Program which “promotes ecologically sound land management and the conservation of natural resources.”
School aged children living in the Kierland neighborhood generally attend these school in the Paradise Valley Unified School District: Sandpiper Elementary School (located within Kierland), Desert Shadows Middle School and Horizon High School.
- 2 minutes away from Scottsdale Airport
- 7 minutes away from the Loop 101 Freeway
- 10 minutes away from the 51 Freeway
- 10 minutes away from the Mayo Clinic Hospital
- 10 minutes away from Scottsdale Healthcare’s Hospital at Thompson Peak
- 15 minutes away from Old Town Scottsdale
- 25 minutes away from the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
If you would like to live in one of Scottsdale’s most exclusive, luxury neighborhoods with brilliant shopping amenities at every corner, contact one of our Scottsdale Real Estate Experts today for more Kierland community and real estate information.
Kierland Golf Club, a daily fee resort course, is a Troon Golf property. It has three distinct 9-hole courses designed by Scott Miller, Acacia, Ironwood & Mesquite. Course slopes range from 113 to 127 and players can mix and match 9’s for a custom golf experience.
There is a fully staffed golf facility at Kierland including golf lessons with PGA and LPGA professionals and a fitness training system to help improve your game and stamina on the course.
The golf course is one of the select courses in Arizona recognized by Audubon International’s Cooperative Sanctuary Program, a program that “promotes ecologically sound land management and the conservation of natural resources.”
There are golf packages for local residents who can enjoy unlimited golf, private practice facilities and a host of discounts at Kierland’s venues.
Resort Course with Special Resident Packages
Manager Golf Sales: Jeremy Hornbeck
Tartan Club Program (contact Jeremy Hornbeck for current rates)
Access to golf course and exclusive access to private practice area. Benefits also include:
- Tee Times: May be booked up to seven (7) days in advance
- January thru May: Monday – Thursday Anytime & Friday – Sunday after 10am
- June thru December: Monday – Sunday Anytime
- Access to the club’s practice facilities.
Receive the following complimentary benefits:
- One (1) complimentary hour golf lesson from WKGC’s instruction team.
- One (1) complimentary golf club fitting analysis at WKGC from proFIT Custom Club Fitting. (Fitting Includes: driver, fairway metals and/or irons)
- Complimentary annual AZ Golf Association Handicap.
- Complimentary personalized locker in WKGC’s locker room & complimentary bag storage.
Receive the following discounts on club amenities:
- 20% discount on non-sale golf shop merchandise
- 20% discount at golf club food and beverage outlets. (Includes: Brittlebush Bar & Grille, Edie’s Rangehouse and beverage carts)
- 20% discount on select “services” at Agave, the Arizona Spa.
- 20% discount on private instruction
- 20% discount at proFIT Custom Club Fitting
Recreational amenities in Kierland include:
- Kierland Golf Club
- Kierland Commons
- Scottsdale Quarter
- Common area amenities of the Plaza Lofts